Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My World Tuesday - BWI Rail Station

Tracks to the north and lights on the new extended platform

Monday, Marianne's sister, Big E, came to visit. In recent years she has taken Amtrak from Connecticut to the rail station near the Baltimore airport. The station is primarily a commuter station with service by both Amtrak and MARC. MARC service from this station serves Baltimore and towns to the north, as well as Washington, and several Maryland towns to the south and Washington, DC. The station is the concrete building between the tracks and two large parking garages. The platform on the southbound track has been extended and work to extend the northbound platform is in progress. We are going to enjoy Big E's visit.

Northbound platform, station and parking

Amtrak's Acela speeds by

Big E's train arrives

8 comments:

Wolynski said...

I love train stations - why can't America have high speed trains like Japan and France? Lovely photos.

Rune Eide said...

I enjoyed that first photo immensely. All those lines leading into the picture gave it an enormous depth.

PS thank you for the comment - just give me word if you should ever visits this area.

Larry D said...

Great series of photos!

Jane Hards Photography said...

We don't have railways here. Too small an island. The perpective on the first shot is terrific

Sally in WA said...

Great photos, Lew. I love trains and could sit for quite a while watching them come in and out of the station.

They are building a new Amtrak station in the town I live in and I'm excited to have better rail access to points north and south.

erin said...

hello lew and happy tuesday.
loved your post today...makes me nostalgic for italy and all my train travel :)
have a wonderful visit with big e....

Arija said...

Nice post. I t is good to see that in other parts of the world trains are still respected and in general use.

Unseen India Tours said...

Great Photos !! I Love Railways A Lot And This Is A Nice Post..Thanks For Meeting My Requirements..Also I Have Started My Own Website And Would Like You To Have A Look At It.I Would Love To Have Your Comments On That Also.Unseen Rajasthan