Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sky Watch - Ford Tri-Motor

We live about 4 miles from the Frederick airport, so it is not unusual to hear planes flying low overhead. But on September 20 as I was working in the yard I heard a strange engine sound. My first thought was "That's an old one" and this is what I saw heading for the airport.   
 
This 1929 Ford Tri-Motor aircraft belongs to the Experimental Aircraft Association. They were offering rides that weekend on this old plane and I saw the plane about every hour as it toured the Frederick County country side.
 

And this Ford Model T came to lend
morale support to its flying cousin.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun post for the day, Lew, -- lovely skies as well!! Love the old plane! Hope you have a great weekend!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of aircraft in action.

Rune Eide said...

That was a nice one! I didn't even know that Fore made aircrafts. This must be unique indeed. Thank you for sharing!

eileeninmd said...

It is a neat plane! great sighting, Lew! Happy skywatching!