Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Header Challenge - Welcome Home


In early December 2004, we welcomed home my daughter from her tour of duty in Iraq. She wanted a chocolate fix (it melts in the heat over there before you can get it out of the box), so Hersey, Pennsylvania was her chosen spot for a family get together. (It was also convenient for family from Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and New Jersey.) She had been assigned to the 31-st Combat Support Hospital in Bagdad, Iraq and was Chief, vascular and general surgery. She retired from the US Army after 24 years of service. This home coming was special!
 
Ginny (left) in OR

With Marianne and me (below)

 

5 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lew: What a great story, so neat that she has served our country.

Craver Vii said...

Oh, that last daddy/daughter shot is heart-warming! I am happy for you about this wonderful reunion. And a thank-you to your daughter for her service.

heritagemom said...

That's a pretty amazing story of your daughter. My son is currently working toward his Bachelor's and hopes to go to medical school--orthopedic surgery for his specialty. That's so neat that your daughter served in Iraq; but also a little scary. :)

Jackie said...

I'm so glad that you have had your daughter home since 2004. What a blessing for you all. I tip my hat to her for her service and for her profession as a doctor.
I would love to go to Hershey, Pennsylvania. It is on my Bucket List.
Hugs to you and Marianne,
Jackie

Katney said...

Another military homecoming shot. Tremendous and thank you Ginny (was that right?) for your service. You may know that I do a few quilts each year for returning injured military through the American Hero Quilts project. Ginny and I may have touched some of the same soldiers.