Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Header Challenge - Contrast

Kathy chose contrast for this week's theme. There are lots of subjects for the theme: old/new; fast/slow; hot/cold; large/small. But I like contrast in photography: light/shadows, contrasting colors. This is probably because I have some colorblindness - the light pastels all seem to turn to gray. My choice for header for this challenge is simple in color. New Year's night we had an inch of sleet. The next morning I was drawn to some of the grass leaves that managed to not get buried.

Three other images considered (the blue jay is my Lew's pics header) this week for the challenge.




I also like to play with the contrast in an image. Often enhancing the contrast of an image with PhotoShop reveals hidden details or adds interest. This shot is from January 8, 2013.

 No adjustments
 
 Contrast +40
 
 Contrast +80

4 comments:

imac said...

I like and use the Contrast leveralso Lew, got a great collection here my friend.

Craver Vii said...

Isn't it amazing, how that little blade of grass generates enough heat to retain a circle of space from the frozen stuff?

I like how you showed the same pic with and without boosting the contrasts. I like the +40 best.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lew: Enjoyed your look at contrast and you different use of contrast on the single photo.

Katney said...

Wonderful choices and I enjoyed the enhancement of the tree scene.