Frederick County has 29 historic bridges of 20 feet or more length that span the Monocacy River and various creeks. Three are wooden covered bridges: Roddy Bridge, Utica Bridge and Loy's Station Bridge. One is the Legore stone arch bridge. The others are steel or iron truss bridges. Most of these metal bridges were built in the late 1800's and early 1900's. This one is the Stevens Road Bridge over Hunting Creek. It was built in 1912 and was the first of the historic bridges to be rehabilitated in 1990. Like many others, it is one lane wide even though the road widens to 2 lanes beyond the bridge.