Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Header Challenge - It's cold out there

 
It has been  cold here, but not frigid yet, so I bring you some images from February 2013. Plenty cold for the first Saturday celebration in Frederick. The Girl Scouts made S'mores for folks. Ice sculptures were not melting - below is an ice love seat for those who wished to cuddle in the cold. My header is from the ice storm that brought much damage to trees in our area.
 


And our sink hole saga was just beginning. The hole in the street broke both water and sewer service. The crews worked through the cold and  got service restored the same day. The street repairs took longer as the geologists tried to find the cause and ensure it would not recur.

7 comments:

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

In each of these blogs, I see ice and snow. I sigh. Because we don't have those things here (South Georgia) during our winter.
It's cold out there (here)....but no snow and no ice.
I love snow....and wish I could see it more often (other than in photos.)
Lovely photos.
(Love the warm fire in the photo!)

imac said...

Lew , what a treat, and love the Ice Chair.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Yes it was cold and will be again Lew.

Katney said...

Oooo! sinkhole scary!

Craver Vii said...

There's a crazy worker out there with a tee shirt! Brrrr!!!

heritagemom said...

I sure do remember that brutal cold last winter, plus your sink hole saga. Amazing story. Love the ice in your header--even though in real life it did a lot of damage.