Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Header Challenge - DIPTYCH

In the old world, a diptych was two panels hinged together, usually with paintings or carvings to tell a story. When photography came along a pair of photos in frames were hinged together. I thought I might have one from Mom and Dad's collection of photos, but could not find it. Here the hinge is missing, but the effect is the same. My youngest grandson is using the rocking chair that Mom used to rock me to sleep many years go. 
    
The story in these two diptych is that our winter is not over. The right panel was taken March 25; the left panel was taken a couple of days earlier.


7 comments:

imac said...

Real nice thinking Lew.

Katney said...

Ah, I feature some grandsons as well, in different ways. The jays we have in our mountains in the west are Stellar Jays (not that your jays are not stellar--they are.) The shape of the bird is the same, but the coloration is darker blue without the distinctive markings on the wings and face.

Craver Vii said...

The grandson diptych is perfect!

Jackie said...

I'm a sucker for children's photographs, so the one of your Grandson melts my heart.
Wonderfully, done!!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Neat grouping this week, loved the chair scene the best.

Rune Eide said...

The little one in the rocking-chair got me :-)

heritagemom said...

Love these all, especially your grandson! The photos do a great job of telling the story. :)