Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Window Views - Restaurant windows


We were in Danbury, CT last weekend after giving Marianne's sister a ride home. Saturday, Elaine and I made a trip to pick up a few items and I spotted these windows. They are at the top of an old house that is now a Japanese restaurant. Below is a view of the other side with more of the windows shown. We have not eaten there, so I cannot give up an idea of the service or food.


We have eaten at the Goulash Place. It is a neighborhood restaurant specializing in Hungarian food. It is small, friendly and the serves good food, but we had home cooked meals during our visit. Elaine's daughter had prepared salad, chicken parmesan, baked ziti, bread, and carrot cake to welcome her Mom home. There was enough for Saturday too. For more pics of our visit, see Marianne's post All in the Family.

7 comments:

Carletta said...

That was an ingenious idea adding to the top of the house. I LOVE those two colored windows in the second shot.
The Goulash Place looks very quaint. Do the owners live in the house next door I wonder?
Great shots.
Thanks for your visit. I'm clicking back to scroll down your blog and see what else I find. :)

Byz. said...

Window views from another country...love them. Quaint windows!
Thanks for visiting my Window Views and your newest Grandson is delightful. :)

Eaton, from Silently Mine.

Vicky said...

lovely photos for window views.
Your grandson is so adorable.
Thank you for dropping by.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
Greetings from Malaysia.

Anonymous said...

Interesting shots. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a meal! And the roof topper as well. It's the small places like this, that I always come back to. If it ever stops raining, I can get out and finish my mapping of the town's many odd additions...

maryt/theteach said...

A house made out of a Japanese restaurant! I love that, Lew! This photo could also be for Ruby Tuesday! :)

Happily Retired Gal said...

I was thinking this would work for Ruby Tuesday too, but Mary beat me to it. Love your restaurant window views this week ... sorry to be visiting so late but life got away from me last week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,