Friday, October 24, 2008

Sky Watch Friday - Birds, clouds and sunset

The skies have been beautiful this week in Maryland and I spent a good bit of time with my camera pointing up. Tuesday afternoon, white clouds were drifting by to the south and north of our house with little wisps above. There has been a large flock of birds (I think they are starlings) hanging out in the nearby trees this week. They would chatter away in the treetops for a while and then take off in groups of 10 or 12 to another tree or out into the corn field (maybe for a little snack of corn?). As I was trying to capture photos of them, this larger group took off from a neighbor's tree headed toward our front yard. Suddenly they made a sharp turn and flew directly over head to the corn field. A little later, I got a picture of the southern sky through the rear window of my home office.


On Thursday, I was out and about and pulled off the road to get some shots of the clouds near sunset. Below is a zoom on the patch of sunlight shining under the clouds. My daily post for Thursday is also a sky picture.

16 comments:

Guy D said...

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/

Pretty Life Online said...

Nice catch for skywatch! Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize__ blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, and our own two eyes. All is a miracle!!! Happy skywatching! Hope too see you @ corner too...

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots. the blue of the sky on the first one is really deep!

thanks

Rune Eide said...

My favourite must be the second one. The pattern made by that frame (or whatever it was - made a great difference.

Patricia said...

Nice shots! The first one looks so nice with the birds flying...
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Nice skywatch photos! love the sunset one :)

Unknown said...

beautiful! the last photo is my favorite.

AphotoAday said...

Yes, birds certainly know how to enjoy a sky, don't they?

SaraG said...

Wonderful wonder photo's!!
Thanks for sharing.
Oh yeah...thanks for commenting on my cross stitch blog. I went to add a couple pictures the next day and the whole blog was gone...not sure what happened to it. I am looking into it and if I can't figure it out I will start it all over again...Kinda wierd.

Mary said...

Don't you love it when the birds wheel overhead like that? Great shot! I also love the clouds at sunset -- really beautiful! Have a nice weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Some very nice shots

Th3zZ said...

It's WonDeRfuLL!!

The SeConD PiCtuRe Is My FaVoriTe..

Nice to Meet You..

Th3zZ said...

It's WonDerFuLL!!

ThE SeConD PiCtuRe iS My FaVoritE..

NiCe..

SandyCarlson said...

Lew,
This is a wonderful composition. I like the scary shots above, too!

Arija said...

Wow, the last one with the blue top to something that looks like a water tower in tops. The light in it is great.

Neva said...

What a great sky Watch...