Friday, August 1, 2008

Sky Watch Friday - Reflected sky

This time of the year we get hazy, hot days and not too many photogenic skies. Last Sunday was a little better and we took our grandsons into town. Carroll Creek runs through the Frederick business district. After a major flood in 1976, the city build a flood control system to carry the excess water under the brick walk ways on either side of the creek. The area along the creek was redeveloped with new housing on the right and offices, restaurants and shops on the left. The creek provides some nice reflections of the buildings and skies. The lights along the creek also make a nice photo subject. You can see more of our day at the creek and Baker Park on Marianne's blog and my other blog.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are both wonderful photos. I especially love the top one with the reflection of the sky. Wow, what a beautiful place.

My 1st SWF post is here:
Sky Watch Friday

Or visit my whole blog:
I Was Born2Cree8

Anonymous said...

Whoof!! Beautiful!!!


See my 1st SWF post here: Sky Watch Friday

And my whole dog blog is here: Reba’s Run

Jane Hards Photography said...

Great choice. Love the symetry aswell as the reflection

Snap Catch said...

lovely catch for SWF! mine's up too hope you can drop by... Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Rune Eide said...

I can never get enough reflections!

Kelly said...

Beautiful and calming! Great photo!

esnorway said...

great pics have nice weekend

Tom said...

This is a great shot from a real nice looking place..

Forgive this part of my comment as this is done by Copy & Paste.. but with over 300 to visit and check I am sure you will understand...
May I thank you on behalf of the Sky Watch team for your post this week and for helping to make Sky Watch special.
Tom :O)

Kay said...

This is a really cool shot. Very balanced and the format is clean and beautiful.

Catherine said...

Great sky~watch captures! Great reflections you've captured in the frist image!
Enjoy your week!
Cat