Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our World - Canada geese

We have a good many Canada geese in Maryland year round, but the numbers go up in the fall. I heard the geese when I was at Wal-Mart  last Saturday and walked over to the edge of the hold pond to see them. There were several hundred on the water. They began to depart in small groups of 8 to 10; then a large number left together.


On Sunday they were back on the playing fields adjacent to water shown above. I went down to the parking area by the fields to get a closer shot, but when they saw the camera, they turned and waddled away.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the sound of Canadian geese. As they travel, I always look forward to seeing them!
These are beautiful photos!!!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The last photo, a soccoer field, a natural fertiliser?

In 1975, when I went to Canada, my room mates dad took me to Kingsville to see the Geese that did not make it to Maryland. (LOL),

Isn't maryland quite cold?