Monday, August 1, 2011

My World - And then there were four


The hawks returned Monday at dusk and this time there were four. We have seen three flying around, but not the fourth one. They stayed on thier perches for awhile, then the one on the ground flew over to the left to harass a squirrel. Another joined the fray, then both flew out into the field empty clawed. I believe they have nests in the trees to the west of us. If you missed them last week, go to Three days of the hawk.

Left

Middle

Right

Ground

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Such beautiful birds and great captures, Lew! They are such a beautiful part of all our worlds if we take the time to see them! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

tw3 said...

Love the 'empty-clawed' bit.
I have seen thwo red kites sitting on fence posts, but never more than that. Five or six in the air, yes, but they are a little more distant.

eileeninmd said...

WOW, Lew! What a great sighting to see four hawks at one time. I am lucky if I have two together. Wonderful captures.

Kay L. Davies said...

Four. Wow!
We have some Merlin Falcons in our neighborhood, and one year I saw the two adults with one youngster, but you've hit the jackpot.
Enjoyed your previous hawk/squirrel posts, too.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Arija said...

WOW, four of them, all at once! Great captures Lew.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

if you have five perches, would you have 6 birds?

Funny how birds like to sit on perches. Here I see sea gulls doing this.

ksdoolittle said...

Unbelieveable!! What an opportunity to observe!!! I'm lucky if I see one every couple of weeks, and usually it's either on the wing, or I'm driving by in a car.