Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sky Watch - PhotoShopped skies

I use Photoshop Elements 2.0 for editing my photos. Most of my posts are resized to 900 or 600 pixels and saved with low resolution. I some times crop, adjust color, contrast, brightness, etc when I believe the straight out of the camera was not exactly what I saw. I do at times go beyond the simple edits to change the visual effects of the original image. The header "Horizontal clouds" posted on January 26 is an example. The above image was taken on January 24 has only been resized. The image below was cropped and I applied auto color enhancement. PhotosShop's algorithm determined that the image should be grayer than my Nikon. I used the Enhance->Adjust Color->Hue & Saturation features to get the colors in the header.

I also like the saturated blue shift below.

12 comments:

Leora said...

Wow, your saturated blue looks like it could be real in the right setting.

I also love playing with Photoshop; sometimes, I'm brave enough not to say I did when I show a photo.

Sylvia K said...

Love them all, Lew! And such a great capture to play with! Amazing what you can do, isn't it? I don't have Photoshop -- probably not ready for that yet, but I have been playing around with what I do have and it's been fun! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

eileeninmd said...

Just wonderful Lew! I really like the saturated image.
Happy skywatching!

Kay L. Davies said...

Isn't it wonderful what we can do now? We've come a long way from the little Brownie and B&W snapshots! Great fun, Lew.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Michele said...

I completely love the blue saturation photo particularly probably because I have seen that environment around here, caused by the mountain effects and I love it!

I have Photoshop but not that smart using it so I tend to sway away from it and stick with what little editing I can do in the raw. =)

Take care.

Gabriela Abalo said...

Nice photos!!

Have a great weekend

cheers from Uruguay

http://gabrielaabalo.blogspot.com/2011/01/skywatch-friday-season-4-episode-29.html

Laura said...

so much fun to play...and with such a beautiful shot to begin with even more so!

Jan n Jer said...

I am slowly learning photoshop...I want to learn how to apply textures...my photo gallery has editing and that is what I use the most. Great photos of the sky.

Jack and Joann said...

I'm like Sylvia. I haven't tried Photoshop. But I have joined Flickr and uploaded over 5000 photos for safe keeping. Did you get much snow? It was a commute from hell in the D.C. area.

Karen said...

Double the fun, taking and playing with a shot!

DrillerAA09 said...

Excellent captures. I use PhotoShop Elements 9.0 for all of my post production. Don' you just love it?

Mark Kreider said...

Nice editing experimentation. Each is pleasing in it's own way.