Monday, February 8, 2010

My World Tuesday - Digging out

The snow started Friday morning about 10:30 AM and did not stop until Saturday afternoon leaving 18 to 24 inches in our neighborhood. Our neighbor across the street started shoveling before noon. I started shoveling around 1:30 PM and had cleared the walk and reached the van by 2:30.

I started shoveling around 1:30 PM and had cleared the walk and reached the van by 2:30.

Sunday afternoon was bright and sunny. To the east neighbors had machinery. One with a riding mower and snow blade was hard at work.

A large county plow arrived and cleared the intersection, then continued down the street past our house.

And another neighbor continued with his snow blower.

My shovel and I still worked our driveway (stopping often to take pictures).

The county plow came down the street. He would come back up the street later, followed by a second plow and they got a wave and thank you from me as they passed.

And at 5:30, we could leave if we wanted; however roads all around were still in bad shape, and it was nearing Super Bowl time.

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, wow! That is a lot of snow! Terrific photos! You surely captured it well! Almost felt as though I had been shoveling myself!!! Hope you have a great week, Lew -- but hopefully no more snow!!

Sylvia

Jim said...

That's heaps of snow. Great shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Megan, Life Revamped said...

brrrr!

keep warm!
great shots, too!

xoxo, Fickle

mine's here:
RED is in the air in Bagiuo City

Photo Cache said...

That looks really cold. Stay warm.

I have mine posted at http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

L. Neusiedler said...

I am this week in Romania, and here is so much snow! we also need to shovell our way out from the house each morning, since Saturday!

Victoria Tsavdaridou said...

Great photos Lew! So much snow!!! Thanks for sharing!

Guy D said...

Welcome to my world Lew, lol, we got tons of snow here too. Excellent pics.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Rune Eide said...

I know the feeling - it has just started to snow again. We have had snow since a week before Christmas, which is extreme for these parts. Luckily for us it is less than you seem to have.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I love the next to last one. Brings back so many memories for me.

Jackie said...

These are simply gorgeous to me.
I love the photos with the sun shining on the snow. Winter wonderland!!!