Saturday, January 3, 2009

PhotoHunt - I was hoping for quicker service

For over two weeks I have had Internet connection problems off and on. Sometimes the connection just came back, sometimes restarting modem and computer (Verizon's cure for everything) worked. On Wednesday I called Verizon and they scheduled a visit for today. However, by the time I got off the phone and returned to my computer, the connection was back. I also got the automated phone call "your problem is fixed". Worked most of Thursday and Friday morning, but NOT in the afternoon. So another call to Verizon and the same try everything at my end. Another visit scheduled for Monday that I am hoping will solve the problem. We shall see. In the mean time my blogging is at 28.8 kbps.

Added Jan 3 - My hope was met - My connection was working this morning.

2 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Blogging at that speed is like watching paint dry - I would have gone mad. Or have we just grown accustomed to having the world at our fingertips?

I bought my first modem in Seattle in 1994. It was 14.4 kbps and I thought it heaven - connecting from home!!

Anonymous said...

fife25800